NewsExtra contains everything you need to launch your own RSS news app and website.
Combine feeds from different websites or videos from different youtube channels and display as a single feed on the mobile app or blog site.
Comes with News Sites Crawler written in python that extracts structured information from almost any news website.
Youtube video fetcher to fetch youtube videos from any youtube channel you specified.
Stream multiple radio stations on the android app, admin provides the radio channel links on the admin panel.
Deploying this app can save you hours of coding time.
Download test app from google playstore:
Online News Portal:
Demo Admin URL:
Latest Update Supports the following:
- Login/Register with an email address.
- Facebook and Google Login.
- Weather reports.
- Custom push notifications- You can now select an article or video and send as push notification.
- Automate deleting articles and videos more than 7days old.
- Live Youtube, m3u8 and rtmp Livestreams.
- Android News App with Material Design
- Online News Portal
- News Sites Crawler written in python
- Powerful and Attractive Admin Panel
- Fetch news articles from rss links or from website links
- Push Notifications
- Stream multiple radio channels
- Combine feeds from multiple rss feed source
- Locality Support: Rss Feeds are delivered to users according to their location.
- Multiple Language Support
- Youtube Video Playback: Users can watch youtube videos from any youtube channel you added on the admin backend.
- Admob + Facebook Audience Network: Easy monetisation from 2 of the best android monetisation platform.
- Dark + Light Theme for the android app.
- Firebase push notification
- Background sync to fetch latest articles.
- Interest Based News: feeds are loaded according to users interest.
- Favorite feeds and videos.
- Load articles from a single rss source or videos from a single youtube channel.
- Full documentation with detailed setup guide
- Built with latest version of Android Studio, Uses the latest technologies, room database, glide for image loading and retrofit for networking.
- Integrated with Admin Panel to add rss feed urls, radio channels, youtube channels, manage news, interests/topics, send user notifications and many more.
- Easy-to-use news crawler written in python that extracts structured information from almost any news website. You only need to provide the root URL of the news website.
- Fully-responsive Magazine style online news portal for your web users. To maximize the readership of our online magazine, articles are both attention-grabbing and extremely easy to read.
- Categorises news based on interests/topics. Users get to choose their interests and get rss feeds delivered to them according to what they choosed.
You can add multiple interests/topics on the admin dashboard.
- Add rss news sites targeted at specific countries. Rss Feeds are delivered to users according to their location, e.g users in india will only see feeds for rss channels you added to india.
- Supports rss news sites with different languages with the capability to allow users to read feeds with different language on their android apps.
- Lightweight but powerful Android radio player with support for multiple radio channels. Add hundreds of radio stations on the admin panel, users can search for a particular radio station in the search bar.
- Android app Supports youtube video playback without the official android youtube app. Users can watch youtube videos from any youtube channel you added on the admin backend.
- NewsExtra Android app features light and dark themes, users can switch to any theme that suits their taste.
- Easy monetisation from 2 of the best android monetisation platform. Ad placements that matches the look and feel of the app.
- Full documentation with detailed guide on how to quickly and easily install and get app running in few minutes.
What are the server requirements for this project?
- Apache or similar web servers
- PHP version 5.6 or newer
- MySQL (5.1+)
- For the application to be able to rewrite URLs in a cleaner fashion, You must have enabled apache mod_rewrite module.
- Lastly, we use curl to send firebase push notifications to our android users, so you must install CURL on your server.
- If you plan to deploy this project on a shared hosting server, first consult your host provide if you can install python packages on the server.
Do we offer installation services?
Yes for $50, we can take away the hassles of setting up the project from you.
Send a mail to email@example.com if you want one of our developers to setup the project for you.
What do you benefit when you allow us set up the project for you :
- Your web server will be installed with the necessary requirements and setup for the android project.
- You get a customized android apk file signed with your credentials.
What we do not offer :
- We do not upload the apk file to the google playstore for you.
- We do not provide app images or assets.